Native Americans in Philanthropy welcomes David Kay to our team as Office & Operations Manager.

Native Americans in Philanthropy is happy to welcome David Kay to our team as Office & Operations Manager.  David will be responsible for the management of the administrative and operational needs of the organization. He will be working in our Los Angeles office and can be reached at[email protected]. Please join us in welcoming David!

David Kay, Office & Operations Manager

David Kay began his non-profit career while an undergraduate at the University of Chicago as a projectionist for America’s oldest continuously operating student film society, the Documentary Film Group, eventually becoming DOC Film’s Managing Director and overseeing the transition to a professional cinema facility.  He moved on to work for nine years at the Chicago International Film Festival with jobs ranging from print traffic to operations to marketing and programming, and eventually took over accounting operations, finishing at the CIFF as Finance Director.  With enhanced numbers and administrative skills, he worked in the finance industry, for a jewelry company, a plumbing company and, for a brief while, was a professional gambler.  Mr. Kay moved back into the public service arena as Treasurer for a US congressional campaign in California’s 32nd district where he not only oversaw all fundraising and spending activities but also wrote and edited policy and position statements.  For 10 years, Mr. Kay served as Controller for Women In Film Los Angeles and while there he prepared WIF to undergo its first scheduled, non-profit audit, developed and managed the front-end and back-office components of their website, managed HR and facilities, developed marketing materials, managed programs and events, and numerous other creative and administrative tasks.  Mr. Kay is proud to be part of an organization dedicated to promoting equality and justice for our country’s indigenous peoples.