#GenIndigenous Response Fund
Application period is closed.
In partnership with the Minneapolis Fund, the #GenIndigenous Response Fund was created in 2016. It is a pooled fund that was developed to provide grants up to $5,000 to youth organizing groups responding to the current moment in ways that build long-term power for Native youth. Former grantees can apply for up to $15K and must submit a final report before new funding is awarded.
Native non-profit organizations that are actively engaging Native young people in organizing collective action for social, economic, or racial justice and seeking to improve the lives of Native youth by mobilizing and cultivating the next generation of Native leaders should apply.
- Grantees must be Native-led with a focus on engaging Native youth in advocacy efforts
- Grantees should promote the advancement of Native human rights using nonviolent tactics or strategies
- Organizations that have IRS 501(c)3 tax exempt status or a fiscal sponsor who does
Priority consideration is given to organizations that:
- Demonstrate how they are responding to the current moment to build lasting youth power
- Document a plan to improve policies within communities.
- Widely engage marginalized youth for the longer term
- Have a track record for successfully engaging young people in organizing for social justice
- Engage 14-26 year olds
- Have intergenerational collaborations between multiple organizations
- Think strategically or coordinate between groups to build power and a community defined agenda
- Have a strong group of leaders and board members that represent the community they serve and who are accountable to the community
While the fund adapts to emergent community and movement needs – on a range of issues – the project is focused on one or more of the core priority areas:
- Strategic Communications
- Traditional Knowledge
- Workforce Development
- Environmental Justice
- Juvenile Justice
- Health & Well-being
- Resiliency Trauma & Healing
Applications must be submitted by November 11, 2019. Turn around time for requests to be processed and reviewed by our grants committee should be within 6 weeks from the deadline.
We are no longer accepting applications to the #GenIndigenous Response Fund. If you have any questions, please reach out to: [email protected]